Friday, March 7, 2014

Self-Evaluation of Website

March 7th

Looking through my website pages, I believe that the message I am trying to present to my audience is clear. With the evidence and assets I include, the readers understand what I am trying to convey to them: that obesity is a prevalent problem in the U.S. and globally.  While I think I have some great sources and information, the structure of my website may not be the most aesthetically pleasing and purposeful (this is due to my lack of computer software skills).  I am struggling with some of the code behind the website design layouts.  For instance, for my "What You Can Do" page, the three images at the top of the website were supposed to act as a slide show and not just stack on top of each other on the page.  So, honestly, it just looks stupid and amateurish.  Also, there seems to be a lot of blank space on some of the pages that I want to fill, but don't know how to. So what's really holding me back is my lack of experience with web design and my technological illiteracy.  But I must give props to myself for trying to experiment with different Foundation design templates for my webpages.  And hey, this is a learning process for all of us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment