Monday, January 27, 2014

Webpage Creating for Dummies

January 27th

     Before the start of this class period, I have never attempted to create a webpage for myself. And when I say create a webpage, I don't mean the programming behind it. I mean using a software program like Dream Weaver or Angelfire or anything remotely close to those programs. As someone who was probably born in the wrong generation (I should've been born in the era of typewriters), I struggle with anything technological. I even sometimes have trouble working with Facebook, which is the only social network profile I own. When I first found out that our class would be creating a webpage, I died a little bit inside. Although we are not producing the code behind it, my mind still refused to process the fact that we would be experimenting with Dream Weaver. It also did not help that when I tried to save the HTML form of Dream Weaver, only the confusing coded part of the program appeared. So, to be honest, I am a little worried right now for my webpage. However, I believe that once I play around with Dream Weaver more I will start to acquire the skills I need to develop and complete our first project. Once I learn the various functions of the program and how they work, I think that even a technologically illiterate person such as myself can become familiarized enough to accomplish a finished webpage.  At least, I hope so. 

1 comment:

  1. You can do it! We haven't had much dedicated worktime yet, but Dreamweaver gets easier with use, and it makes HTML much more understandable. If nothing else, the program does a really great job keeping things separate -- you can insert text, images, video and other content without worrying about how it'll affect your alignment or layout; likewise, you can change your layout and watch your content shift around, rather than try to imagine how things will look as you code them in.

    ReplyDelete