Monday, April 7, 2014

Question of Categories

April 7th
 
I think that you are asking us to do a respectful remediation of the argumentative research paper genre in regards to content.  You are not asking us to come up with an argument that is completely original and not based upon other sources that have already argued a similar point.  The design of our website is honestly up to us.  We can choose to follow the structure of a research paper or we could choose to deviate from the layout.  However, in order for our argument to be convincing, we still need to have a clear argument and supporting evidence for that argument.  The research process is the same, in my opinion, if you are executing a respectful remediation or a radical remediation.  What you do with the information you obtain is another story. 

As a student who is completing a respectful remediation, I am looking at other sources and assessing the structure and content of their websites.  From my observations and readings, I then start to construct my respectful remediation by deciding how to organize my content.  If I were trying to complete a radical remediation, I may first build the structure of my website to how I desire and then add content where appropriate.  The main difference between respectful and radical remediation is the order of steps you take.  However, I think many of the thought processes remain the same during the construction of both types of remediation.   

No comments:

Post a Comment