Friday, April 11, 2014

Remediate Yo'Self

April 11th

For the Unit 3 project, I am continuing to expand my website on obesity.  The goal of my expansion is to offer my audience more information about obesity and prevention strategies.  For website improvement, I am adding pages to link to other pages.  For instance, the subtitles on my "What You Can Do" page link to other pages.  Also, I added a tab labeled "Childhood Obesity" to each page.  However, for the most part, the pages I created for the Unit 2 project will remain the same (except I will add a link to the references page at the bottom of each webpage). 

I would consider my remediations respectful of my original project.  While I am adding pages, assets, and links, the overall structure and message of my website remains the same.  The promotion of obesity prevention is still clearly present.  For navigation purposes, the users still use the top bar and click on the different tabs in order to visit different webpages.  In addition, there are more "Click here" links that will direct the users to outside sources of information.  Due to the arrangement of the tabs and the highlighted texts of the links, the accessibility of content and sources is quite transparent to the readers.  This makes it convenient for readers to search through my website.

Many of the guides online for borrowing and adjusting code are helpful.  For some initial guidance on understanding the basic of web design, I received help at Computer Science tutoring.  They recommended that I download Foundation and copy the codes of the templates that I want to use for my website.  Of course, a web designer can do this with any website, not just Foundation.  Also, I learned from trial and error how certain code commands affect my webpage.  As a result, I think that the best way to learn about the code behind different layouts is to experiment with them and make adjustments as you progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment